Thursday 17 May 2018

Pleasure Day Meadowlands 17.05.2018

With Mick being unable to fish this week I managed to sort out my days off to leave Thursday as a spare day. Vic and Derek were keen to have a go on the Pellet Waggler and Bomb in readiness for the upcoming Viaduct trip with the Yam Yams. These are methods we very rarely use, the waters we fish just do not suit. Occasionally the bomb will score, when all else fails but generally the rods are left in the bag.
A meet up at Jacks cafe just outside Towcester allowed us plenty of time to get to Meadowlands, which is situated this side of Coventry. Forty Five minutes later we were pulling into the fishery. Day tickets and a couple of bags of fishery pellet 8mms were purchased before we got the gear and walked to the nearby pegs 18-20.
Both in
I was on 18, Vic on 19 with Derek taking the last peg 20. I had deliberately left the pole bag at home, I know if I took it I would fish it.
So it was time to dust off the rods, Maver Powerlite 11ft Waggler rods fishing a 4AAA Drake to a size 16 LWG with a band in the hair to take an 8mm Jupiter or standard Skretting pellet. Reel line was Daiwa ST 6lb. For the bomb line I fished the 11ft version of the Powerlite Feeder system. Lovely and forgiving under the tip. A size 16 QM1 tied to 18inches of .20 Stroft and again a band in a hair.
I started off feeding 3 or 4 8mm fishery pellets at around 30m. The Drake soon followed with a 8mm Jupiter on the hook. However the wind was proving tricky, left to right, creating a large bow in the line. I was able to get the distance with both float and feed but connecting to bites was awkward.

Derek With a Meadowlands Baby

By constantly feeding it was a case of trying to hit bites with a large bow, the fish were not taking the bait as it hit the water, it needed to hang for a little while. I managed to winkle out 6 carp up to around 5lb before both Vic and I had a couple of good pound plus roach on pellet. Then something I had heard about but not witnessed before at Meadowlands, I started catching bream, not skimmers but bream 3 to 4lb fish, three foot deep and regularly. I had had skimmers before but not the larger bream and this was all on the waggler. 
The bomb proved worthless for me, just one additional carp, however Vic and Derek had a couple of fish on it.
Next day out is to Tyler's Common on Saturday, not really looking forward to it but as my counsellor says " go with a positive mental attitude".

1 comment:

  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete