Monday 4 April 2016

Alders Farm Spring League 03 04 16 Round 2

After the first match in the series a fortnight ago and no bites whatsoever, I was glad we had agreed to rotate our sections for each match. I knew I was not going to draw peg 22 again. At least until round 4. However the weather had changed a lot since then, gone was the freezing cold NW wind to be replaced with some nice SE breezes.
My rotation was going to place me on the island pegs. So when captain Madd told me I was going to be on Peg 5 I was happy to say the least. It had no real form as such but I had the island to go at and a nice depth at 13m.
My plan was to fish the waggler over to the island and the pole at both 13m and 7m. I also set up a margin rig, just in case but did not expect to catch there.
At the all in, I knew I had made a mistake, not setting up the feeder. Both sides 4 Glen Picton and 6 Nick Wooding were straight into fish, where as my waggler was moving from left to right in the slight breeze that had got up. Still I persevered for around 45 minutes for one lost carp and one in the net. I was getting bites but could not hit them due to the breeze causing a bow in the line.
I decided to come into 13m on the pole and fishing 6mm Expanders dipped in Maryuku Choco Cream I was getting a few indications and odd fish, but not quick enough to compete either side of me. I had a look onto the 7m line for around 10 minutes in the hope that the fish were queueing up to be plundered, but alas, it was not meant to be.
I decided to concentrate at 13m and by switching between 4mm and 6mm expanders I was able to nick a few fish.Mark Quick on Peg 7 had caught early on but was now struggling, whereas Hugh Crawford was getting a few late fish and catching well. I found that the bait had to be dead still and during the match had to make a few alterations to my rig to get it right, I could get a bite by lifting and dropping and suffered a few foulhookers despite the changes.
At the all out, I weighed in 32-12 for fourth in the section. Madd had secured a very good 3rd in section whilst Ian on peg 10 nearly suffered the same fate as me last time out, snagging a 7lb carp in the dying minutes to save the blank. Don't worry Ian I will be there next week.
Overall
1st Derek Smith 144-01 Peg 1
2nd Simon Japes 115-10 Peg 2
3rd Madd 97-05 Peg 30
4th Nick Wooding 82-04 Peg 6
5th Glen Picton 75-06 Peg 4
6th Matt Grant 59-15 Peg 3

No comments:

Post a Comment