Tuesday 16 April 2019

Alders Farm Pines Lake Tuesday Open 16.04.2019

The last time I was on Pines, I felt that I did the best I could from a peg that did not contain many fish, but we as anglers have to endure those days and pegs. Mick always says to me that no peg is a bad peg, we just do not know how to fish it, and I suppose he is right. So armed with a good couple of results behind me, I was looking forward to fishing one of my favourite lakes.
As per usual I arrived nice and early at the fishery, thus avoiding the migration of traffic in and out of Milton Keynes. Replacing my old chopped worm scissors with one of the new Garbolino Bait Choppers I was determined to set up a line for silvers.
A chat with a few of the lads revealed it was a bit patchy at the weekend and with a good turnout expected today, my main aim was to not throw it away at the all in, by cupping in lots of bait.
With pools and peg fees paid I dipped my hand into the tin of dreams and out comes peg 4, happy with that. Mick had fished it a couple of weeks back and caught plenty of skimmers at 7m, so this would be my silvers line. I set up a corn line at 2 plus 2 and also plumbed up a line at 12m for fishing pellet. I also had a bomb rod with me, more for tomorrow at Oakfield but it was there so I got it out.
For company I had Pete Archer on 3 and Sean Wain on 5, Trevor and Madd were directly opposite, along with Mick Kelly, slowly getting back into his fishing.
At the all in I fed three balls of GB to 7m mixed with chopped worm, dead reds and a few micros. A pot of 4mm fishery pellets to 12m and a sprinkling of corn to top four. Working my way out of the peg, I started off on corn, feeding three or four grains every 30 seconds, one quick bite kept me interested before the float buried after 10 minutes and a good sized common around 5lb was in the net.I persevered for another 20 minutes but this line was not working as bites were at a premium.
A move to the 7m line with a lighter rig and fishing a couple of dead reds over depth again saw no bites. Pete was also struggling and took him 40 minutes for his first bite, a small perch and a couple of rudd. Sean on the other hand was fishing the waggler towards the island and pinging maggot. He was getting bites regularly and made me rue not bringing a waggler rod. Trevor opposite was also getting a few on the waggler, again towards the small island in front of him.
I went out to 12m and despite the increased depth I was getting a few odd dips and missed bites, a foul hooked carp made me make a decision to switch to fishing shallow. Pete was nicking odd silvers and small carp shallow on maggot, admitting his feed pellets were still in his car. Unfortunately, I did not have many myself otherwise I would have shared some with him. Changing rigs around I shortened a margin rig and started pinging 4mm's. After 10 minutes a dip and fish on, followed by fish off. Out again and the same happens. Adjusting the rig slightly saw the third attempt successful and a common carp around 3lb was in the net. A few more came in the third and fourth hours. Sean and Trevor were still catching well, Pete had started getting amongst the carp and Gary Page was sneaking a few fish from in front of the next peg and at the end of a reed bed. madd was trying to see how many wagglers he could fish at the same time. Me I was still in touch but needed a good last hour to cement my place. Alas it was not to be, I struggled for the last hour, only putting one fish in the net. Pete's peg had come alive, once his limited supply of 4mms started to work. Sean had switched from the waggler to the pole and was still getting amongst a few fish to edge him in front.
Overall
1st Sean Wain           76lb
2nd Trevor Price       65lb 9oz
3rd Pete Archer        65lb 4oz
4th Keith Ashby       61lb 6oz  Section Winner
5th Gary Page          56lb        Section Winner
Well done to all the winners. New Silver's King in Gary Page. A good close match, a few lost fish here and there have cost us all.
My next match is tomorrow at Oakfield, a MK Nugget will be at stake, so something to fish for and a catch up with a different set of fishing buddies.

1 comment:


  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete