Sunday 1 November 2015

Alders Farm Pines Lake 01 11 15

For once the weatherman got it right, I awoke from my slumber to be greeted by fog, however it was lifting by the time I loaded up the car and although cool, it was planned to get warmer throughout the day.
I was not planned into a team today for the winter league, but as luck would have it, one team was short on the day so I was a Maver angler today. I would be back up on Pines today, in fact the same peg 3 I had last week, which i would say was probably my worst day's fishing on Pines, yet strangely very enjoyable.It is not the best peg in the world as it is 6ft deep at 13m and the fish seem to prefer the shallower water at the top of the lake. Last week I had a few fish deep and odd fish shallow so set up to fish the same again. This time I would attack the peg from the start with micros on the deck with a good helping of holding corn. I also again set up to fish 2+2 with corn and a margin to the front of peg 2.
It seems strange to me, the amount of people who want to get included in the blogs both Roy Makins and I write, a prime candidate was my neighbour on peg 4 Matt Grant, in fact Matt was sandwiched between my self and Roy, so i am sure he will get a mention.Personally I think it is so they know how NOT to fish a peg.
On my other side was Fossy who announced before the match he was going to get married in the New Year. Congratulations Colin and Partner.
Any way back to fishing, I started off fishing long and deep, for a few small indications but nothing hitable. I did lose one on the deck on a banded 6mm pellet. A look on corn produced my first fish of around 4lb. I had a go shallow as I had been pinging 4mms but again nothing. A look to 2+2 and nothing , a quick look down the edge saw two maggots simply drowning themselves. So it was back out to 13m. Another couple of 4lb fish came but I was having to feed heavily with a catapult to draw fish in. I was not getting any liners so tried deepening the rig and ended up with a foul hooked carp of around 2lb to show. I tried coming up in the water slightly to see if the fish were just off bottom, but nothing.
Matt had been catching a few fish on the bomb and was getting a few on the long pole on the deck. Roy was catching well fishing shallow with maggot. Colin had struggled fishing long with only a few fish to show for it. However he was now down the left hand edge and getting a few bites. Mick Dickens was a forlorn figure, not even getting bites from peg 31. Nick Darke on unfancied peg 24 was getting a couple of fish.
I did start getting a few bites shallow on pellet late on with another couple of fish coming to boost my weight. I had said to Matt before the match I just wanted to beat last weeks weight and I did that, just.
The section was won by Roy Makins with 72-12, Richard Fullam on peg 18 had 60-13 and Matt was third  in section with 45lb. My 26-06 was good enough for 6th in section, so not last in the section.
Going to have a day over How End next weekend for a change. Never been before but heard some good things about the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment