Sunday 6 July 2014

Stafford Moor 01 07 14 Yam Yam League Day 2

Having achieved the best result I thought I could on Monday, Tuesday came with renewed vigour. I had drawn peg 9 on Tanners with Gongo next door on 11. League leader Dave had drawn Peg 3. Cotty on 25, Pedro 35 and Nobby on 36. I was hopeful of a few fish, as Vic had around 70lb from it on our practice day. I was only going to fish the bomb and set up the mandatory two with different hair lengths. One long, one short.
I targeted an area around 10ft from the island allowing me the option of going tight if needed, although I would need to feed elites to get the distance if I needed the extra distance. The wind had got up and was blowing towards me and left to right causing a few problems with feeding but as long as I could keep it relatively tight I was hoping for a few fish.
Indeed, after 10 minutes the tip goes round and a nice fish around 5lb comes to the waiting landing net. Then nothing, a few liners followed so I tried to come a little shorter with no response. Gongo was foul hooking a few fish and was managing to land them, I even suggested that he keep a net solely for foul hookers, he was getting that many. I was down 4-1 to Gongo before a run of fish on the line tight to the island brought me back into it. I could see all those on the far bank catching and Dave on peg 3 was netting a few on the waggler.
Paul had drawn peg 20 on Woodies and was catching on the waggler over to the stumps as he had the wind now behind him, Danny was doing well from 28 again on the waggler tight across. The bay pegs on Woodies were catching with Bob and Fred fighting it out. Vic was struggling though on peg 32, with the wind blowing away from him.
I kept plugging away on the bomb, catching odd fish with no regularity, in hindsight I think I fished too far out to start and should have fished a more comfortable half distance. Gongo was only fishing around 25m into open water and was getting bites and plenty of liners indicating a fish presence, whilst I would only get a bite from tight across after ignoring the small plucks on the tip.
I ended the match with 12 fish and not a good day expecting to end up last in section. Gongo had 14 fish, 4 of which were foul hooked. At least mine were hooked in the mouth.

Tanners Section

Dave Peg 3 93-04
Keith Peg 9 61-09
Gongo Peg 11 71-4
Cotty Peg 25 131-06
Pedro Peg 35 174-04
Nobby Peg 36 61-00

Woodies Section

Paul Peg 20 214-01
Gazza Peg 24 90-12
Danny Peg 28 191-01
Vic Peg 32 28-04
Bob Peg 34 128-03
Fred Peg 36 119-08

Woodies Has definitely fished better over the last few days, especially to those fishing the waggler, although certain pegs have been consistent. Peg 3 on Tanners caught today where it struggled on Monday. Perhaps it was because you had more room. The surprise was that Nobby struggled on peg 36 Tanners. However Paul was now leading the League with a maximum 2 points. I was on 9pts after a fourth and fifth in section. Vic unfortunately was last with two sixth place section results.

No comments:

Post a Comment