Sunday 6 July 2014

Stafford Moor 03 07 14 Yam Yam League Day 4


After an enjoyable days fishing yesterday on Peg 18 Tanners, I was looking forward to a day on Woodies and the draw bag was kind to me with Peg 24. It had been fairly consistent throughout the week, not winning much but everyone having 80lb plus from it.
Vic had drawn a good peg on peg 3, with Nobby on 4, Gongo on 8 with joint leader Dave on 16. Danny was on 20 where he had 200+ from during the week. Joe from Hollywood was pleasure fishing peg 28 with a few others in the bay.
Tanners saw Cotty and Fred on 9 and 11, whilst  Gazza and Pedro were on 25 and 27 respectively, leaving pegs 34 and 36 to Bob and Paul (does he ever draw a bag peg).
It was another nice sunny day, although the wind was blowing into my face again, making feeding pellet impossible tight across, so I settled on a line 2/3rds across to the island. I could reach it with a 4AAA Drake waggler and the bomb so started off on the waggler feeding 6 pellets everyone 15 seconds. However the wind was making it hard work to control the bow in the line. A switch to the bomb after 45 minutes saw my first fish come to double 8mm elites. A few more fish averaging 6lb apiece followed in the next two hours. I could see Dave catching well fishing across to the island point. Danny was getting a few on 20 as was Gongo and Vic. I was a few fish off the pace but after 3 hours and a switch to a single 10mm coarse on the hook I was getting a couple of decent stamp fish. Not regular but every 15 minutes the tip would go round. The wind was getting stronger and my feed was getting closer to me and by adjusting to the feed I was able to keep in touch with fish.
After 6 hours I reckoned on over a ton in the net and was happy with my days work. I had adjusted to conditions and swapped baits consistently to keep fish coming.


Tanners Section

Cotty  Peg 9 98-12
Fred Peg 11 95-12
Pedro Peg 27 13-06
Gazza Peg 25 88-15
Bob Peg 34 150-04
Paul Peg 36 209-09

Woodies Section

Vic Peg 3 164-11
Nobby Peg 4 91-05
Gongo Peg 8 113-05
Dave Peg 16 196-13
Danny Peg 20 110-07
Keith Peg 24 120-11

I was happy with another 3rd in section. Dave and Paul were dominating the league with only weight being a decider going into the final day. Vic had overtaken me in the league on weight as we were tied on points, having had another good day on both bomb and waggler.






No comments:

Post a Comment